The Birmingham Business Journal held its inaugural “Minority Business Awards” last night at the Harbert Center. While no technology company won an award, it was rewarding to see a technology company/person nominated in virtually every category:
- Wachovia Executive of the Year finalist:
- Markus Snowden, Northstar Communications Group, Inc.
- Best Minority-Owned Business (26+ employees) finalist:
- Best Minority-Owned Business (11-25 employees) finalist:
- Best Minority-Owned Business (1-10 employees) finalist:
Congratulations to all the finalists and the winners… but extra kudos to the technology companies that are making their mark here in Birmingham!